How Am I Furthering My Platform?

The care our daughter has received at Shriner's Hospital is incredible. What is equally incredible is that they are a completely charitable facility and we have paid nothing for the care she has received. Because of the wonderful doctors, staff, and volunteers I wanted to give back to the wonderful people at the hospital. There are obviously fees associated with participating in the pageant but most of my sponsorship money is going towards purchasing a book called "The Crippled Lamb" by Max Lucado. It's an amazing story about how a crippled little lamb was able to perform a very specific mission that Heavenly Father needed him to do. Had he been born without his disability, he wouldn't have been able to perform the work the Lord needed him to do. I want to raise enough money to purchase 250 copies of this book and distribute them to the other patients receiving care at Shriner's Hospital.

In addition to donating books, I want my children to be involved and reap the benefits of serving others. As such, during preschool each day, we will be making cards to deliver to the children at Shriner's as well as other local hospitals. Our goal is 250 cards. In addition to helping me make cards, I have had some local businesses donate flowers. My children, along with some of my nephews and nieces, will be going up to the Utah State Developmental Center and planting flowers for those individuals who are receiving care at this facility.

I have also partnered with an organization called "Fridays Kids Respite" (
http://www.fridayskids.org/) They are a non profit organization that babysits for free with families who have children with disabilities. It is an amazing organization and I am so excited to begin helping them grow and expand so we can bless the lives of more families.

No comments: