Overview


In high school, I wanted to participate in a Jr. Miss Pageant but never had a talent that you share. I don't have an amazing voice (lullabies for my children are the extent of my vocal abilities). I play the piano, but nothing even close to Beethoven. I don't dance and so on and so forth. As a teenager, I was devastated at the fact that I had "no" talent. As I've gone through life, been married, graduated college and started to raise children of my own I have come to terms that I have talents, just not one's you show off on stage.


In February of 2008 I was made aware of a Mrs. Utah United States Pageant. It didn't require a talent and was made specifically for married women and mothers. I decided to take a chance I try something completely out of my comfort zone. My husband thought I was crazy. I babysit and do preschool four days a week, I serve as young women's secretary in my ward, I do accounting work for an Internet business from home and so on and so on. But I felt driven to participate in Mrs. Utah. Through much prayer, I decided I would become in a contestant in this years Mrs. Utah United States Pageant.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Hi, Rachelle - I just wanted to tell you that you've done a wonderful job with your blog. I hope that you will be able to find time in your very busy schedule to keep us updated on what is happening with the pageant. We plan on attending on May 23, and you can be sure that we will be cheering for you! Love ya! Joan

Laura Morris said...

Rachelle! That is so great! I am so excited for you! We wish you the best of luck!!

momacorbett said...

Rachelle, thanks for sending us an email about your blog. I am soooo excited for you. I sent the info on to my family so they could see also. We are praying for you and what you to know that you are our #1 choice. Good luck! We love you.
Aunt Diana